Can Dineru

Historic

Can Dineru

 

The Palliser family opened the doors of Can Dineru in 1945 in Alaior. Now, the third generation of the family runs this women’s clothing shop located in the town square.

The business was started by Maria Mascaró Mercadal with the help of her husband, Rafael Palliser Florit. Maria was very enterprising and had the haberdashery open on Saturdays and Sundays so that people from the countryside could go shopping on weekends.

Maria’s drive and passion for cosmetics made it one of the first shops in Menorca to have the Tokalon cosmetic brand, and the story goes that she had a beautician from Barcelona come from time to time to give advice to all women from the municipality, who were queuing outside the small shop waiting to be served.

At that time, the haberdashery also sold shoes, selling the first pair belonging to Santiago Pons Quintana, who was married to Maria’s daughter, Inés.

The current owner, Maria Montserrat Palliser Enrich, Maria’s granddaughter, joined the business in the 1980s to help her mother. Since she turned twenty, she has been in charge of the shop, adapting it to the new times, but always with the entrepreneurial spirit of having a quality product and the latest fashion to give the best advice to all clientele, as grandmother Maria did.

Foto ruta